Friday 6 September 2013

Guest Blogger Sammy's Hate & Rate

Some of you may have seen that on this week Beauty Blogger's Chat I was looking for somebody to guest post on my blog, and Emmay was keen to do so, and even offered to let me write a guest post for her (which I was so excited about.) So here it is, a post about what I'm rating and what I'm hating at the moment, enjoy! 

RATE
I thought I'd start with the product I'm loving right now which is Lush I know as the weather gets colder a lot more bloggers are talking about this, but it really is saviour for cracked lips. It's £5.50 a pot which seemed expensive to me (because I'm a cheapskate) but it's fairly long lasting and really worth the money. This is quite a harsh exfoliator, you need the tiniest bit each time, just really rub it into your lips and then lick off the excess. It leaves lips tingly and super soft, ready for a fruity lip balm of your choice.
I find the taste a little bit too sickly for me (though not unpleasant, it tastes of candyfloss, yum) but you can get two other flavours; Mint and Popcorn. I'll definitely be stocking up for winter - and raving about it to anyone who shows the vaguest bit of interest when they see me using it!


HATE
Ok, I know this is going to be controversial, but I'm going for it. Right now I'm hating Barry Gelly High Shine Nail Polish.I know I'm in the minority here, but hear me out. I absolutely love the colours, the one shown in the picture is Lychee, the most gorgeous neutral nude (and keylime and grapefruit are to die for) but the formula isn't for me at all. For £3.99, the price is more than reasonable, and I can't argue that it does go on quite well. It does have a high shine like promised, but I find I barely ever get through a day without whole nails chipping and flaking away. To put this into context, I do work in an environment where I use my hands a lot, I'm a waitress, but it's disappointing to see such a leading brand on nail varnish falling at the very first hurdle.
In my opinion, I'd say stick to their standard nail varnishes, or be willing to fix them up every few days (or every day if you have a manual job!) 

Thank you for reading :) Please feel free to go and check out my 

Sammy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment