Thursday 17 October 2013

Review- Sleek New Skin Revive Foundation

I love sleek products and have for a long time now, especially their eye shadow pallettes which are exceptionally good quality for the price, and because of this I decided to give their New Skin Revive foundation a try. 

This foundation was on the more affordable end at just £7.99, so I wasn't expecting amazing things. It claims that it balances uneven skin tones which is really what any foundation should do anyway. This is a silicone based foundation so I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin types. I got the colour 'White Rose' as I'm pretty pale and this seems to match me pretty well. The colour selection is good for a high street makeup brand with 30 shades in total. What I find good about these foundations is they cater to every colour skin type from extremely pale to a richer deeper skin tone. 
(It doesn't look that great a match there, but applied on my face it's a pretty good match)
The foundation blends in nicely and had a nice feel to it, it doesn't leave your face feeling sticky, yet it still leaves it with a healthy glow. The coverage is light to medium, and I totally agree. When applied it looks more like a bb cream however when re applied over problem areas it definiently seems to cover any redness. At the end of a busy day whether I've been to work or college I can always tell I'm still wearing foundation, however I do find I can get a bit shiny so you may need to re apply some powder. 

Overall I give this product 4/5 stars - It's a good high street foundation and there's a wide range of colour choices for every skin tone, however the coverage may not be enough for someone wanting full coverage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment